Allegheny Forest Area
State forests in the Allegheny Forest (northwest) area of Pennsylvania offer outdoor fun and recreation.
Clear Creek State Forest
158 South Second Ave
Clarion PA 16214
Located in Jefferson County PA, southern Forest County and Venango County PA in the Allegheny Forest PA region.
hiking - Little Clear Creek Trail, Silvis Trail, Trap Run Trail, Beartown Rocks Trail, North Country Trail
- primitive camping
- fishing - Allegheny River, Dennison Run, Bullion Run, Callen Run, Clarion River, Maple Creek, Clear Creek
Town Rocks is a vista with stunning views of the Allegheny Plateau.
Accessible 1/8 miles off Corbett Road or by Beartown Rocks Trail from
shelter 5 at Clear Creek State Park
- Take an automobile tour of the forest. The office has a brochure.
- mountain biking - roads and select trails
- horseback ridingon roads and select trails
- state parks near the forest - Clear Creek State Park and Cook Forest State Park
- Hotels by Clear Creek
Cornplanter State Forest
323 North State Street
North Warren PA 16365
In western Forest County PA.
- Hunter Run Forest Demonstration Area
- Lashure Trail - 1 1/2 miles of walking trail
- Cross country skiing trails - 4 miles N of Tionesta off Rte 36
- has a Woodcock management area with various mammals and birds
- Hotels near Cornplanter
Elk State Forest
258 Sizerville Road
Emporium PA 15834
In Elk County and Cameron County PA.
- primitive camping
- hunting (license)
- fishing (license)
- 6 trails: Bucktail Path (start at Sizerville State Park), Quehanna
Trail is in southern Cameron County, Fred Woods Trail - great scenic
views, Pine Tree Trail (2 mile walking trail), Dividing Ridge/Eddy's Run
- 10 mile walking trail, Elk Trail - almost 16 miles long, see elk.
- Quehanna Wild Area
- Johnson Run Natural Area
- Lower Jerry Run Natural Area - a special protection area for reptiles and amphibians
- Pine Tree Trail Natural Area
- Bucktail State Park Natural Area - has a 75 mile scenic drive from Emporium to Lock Haven
- Wykoff Run Natural Area - also a special protection area
- snowmobile trails - in Cameron County area of forest
Susquehannock State Forest
PO Box 673
Coudersport PA 16915
- hiking - main trail begins at Rte 6, Potter County PA
- fishing - Kettle Creek, Cross Fork Creek, Hammersley Fork
- drive on the road for wildlife watching
- Lots of vistas for stunning views
- In winter: cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling
- ATV trail - from Memorial Day to last weekend in September in Potter County accessible at Lyman Run State Park SR 44
- mountain biking - on roads and a trail
- horseback riding - roads only, no trails
- Pennsylvania Lumber Museum - On Rte 6, 10 miles W of Galeton
Enjoy your visit to Allegheny Forest area state forests.
Allegheny Forest > main / Home
Copyright © 2010 - 2018 Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com by Kim Ryan
Disclaimer: Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com has attempted to assure this website is as accurate as possible but no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete or up-to-date. Materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss or injury to anyone which may result from reliance on information contained on this site. Please verify travel, health and safety, and transportation information with the appropriate parties.