PA Amish Country State Forests
PA Amish Country (southeastern) area state forests are in the Dutch Country area of Pennsylvania.
Enjoy outdoor recreational fun for the entire family.
If you enjoy hiking, fishing, or biking, the forests offer outdoor fun for the entire family or couples.
Michaux State Forest
10099 Lincoln Way East
Fayetteville PA 17222
Located in Cumberland, Franklin and Adams County PA.
- trout fishing on lakes and reservoirs
- primitive camping
- horseback riding
- picnicking at Old Forge State Forest Picnic Area
- State Parks in Michaux - Caledonia, Pine Grove Furnace and Mont Alto
- The Appalachian Trail runs through Michaux north of the Maryland state line for almost 40 miles
- ATV trails are open summer (Memorial Day to last weekend in September) and winter (day after last day of deer season to April 1) in Adams & Cumberland Counties between Big Flat and Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Access at Big Flat on Shippensburg Road 1 1/4 miles N of intersection at Rte 233, and Piney Mountain on Bendersville Road S of Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- snowmobile trails - Adams County, forest's southern section and Cumberland County, forest's northern section
- Hotels by Michaux
William Penn State Forest
845 Park Road
Elverson PA 19520
Located in southwest Chester County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Lancaster County and Berks County PA.
- Goat Hill is in the southwest corner of Chester County with sloping land and hilltops overlooking Octoraro Creek. The Serpentine barrens within are uncommon to PA, and you can find endangered species of plants and animals here.
- Little Tinicum Island is in the Delaware River hosting tidal mud flats. You can find species of plants and animals not common to PA
- Octoraro Creek - a scenic stream is located here
Have fun visiting the forests of PA on your vacation!
PA amish country > main / Home
Copyright © 2010 - 2018 Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com by Kim Ryan
Disclaimer: Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com has attempted to assure this website is as accurate as possible but no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete or up-to-date. Materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss or injury to anyone which may result from reliance on information contained on this site. Please verify travel, health and safety, and transportation information with the appropriate parties.