Susquehanna Valley Area Forests
The forests in the Susquehanna Valley (central) Pennsylvania region have outdoor fun all year through.
Enjoy fishing, walking trails, going on scenic drives to admire the gorgeous scenery and lots more outdoor fun.
Bald Eagle State Forest
18865 Old Turnpike Rd
Millmont PA 17845
13 streams for fishing including Penns Creek and Fishing Creek in the Susquehanna Valley
- 5 scenic drives
- walking trails - Mid-State Trail
- 27 vistas
- Joyce Kilmer Natural Area - 6 miles W of Hartleton, Union County PA
- Hook Natural Area - North Branch of Buffalo Creek, 3 miles N of Hartleton, Union County. Has a preserved watershed. Accessible by foot.
- Mt. Logan Natural Area - E of Castanea, Clinton County
- Rosencrans Bog Natural Area - N of Loganton on Cranberry Road, Clinton County
- Snyder-Middleswarth Natural Area - 5 miles W of Troxelville on Swift Run Road, Snyder County. Accessible by foot on trails.
- Tall Timbers Natural Area - W of Snyder/Middleswarth on Swift Run
- White Mountain Wild Area - SW of Weikert. Has rock outcroppings. Access on Long Path Trail
- State parks near the forest - Poe Valley State Park, RB Winter State Park, Reeds Gap State Park
- ATV trails Summer (open from Memorial Day to last weekend in September) and Winter (open day after last day of deer season through April 1) Trails - Snyder & Union Counties - accessible at Jacks Mountain Trailhead on Rte 235, 3 miles S of Glen Iron
- snowmobile trails - 1. In Snyder & Mifflin Counties - Bald Eagle South Division
2. In Union & Centre Counties - Bald Eagle North Division
Moshannon State Forest
3372 State Park Road
Penfield PA 15849
- cross country skiing
- mountain biking
- horseback riding
- Quehanna Wild Area
- Marion Brooks Natural Area
- State Parks in the Forest - Parker Dam State Park, SB Elliott State Park and Black Moshannon State Park
- snowmobile trails - 1. In Clearfield County PA - S B Elliot and Parker Dam State Parks
2. In western Centre County - Black Moshannon Trail
Sproul State Forest
15187 Renovo Road
Renovo PA 17764
In western Clinton and northern Centre Counties in the Susquehanna Valley.
- fishing - 12 Wilderness Trout Streams
- hiking - Chuck Keiper Trail - 50 miles. Donut Hole Trail - 90 miles hooks on to Susquehannock Trail. Lots of other trails but are not marked or maintained
- Equestrian Trail - near Kettle Creek State Park, 15 miles
- Eagleton Mine Camp Trail - multi-use (including biking), 20 miles
- mountain biking - all trails except Donut Hole and Chuck Keiper Trails
- cross country skiing - Hiking Bear Ski Trail, 14 miles - on Hyner Mountain
- canoeing in the Susquehanna Valley - on West Branch of Susquehanna River
- snowmobiling - Hyner Mountain Trail system and certain roads
- ATV - located near Huling Branch of Two Mile Run
- State parks near the forest - Kettle Creek State Park, Hyner Run State Park and Bald Eagle State Park
- ATV trails - Summer (open from Memorial Day through last September weekend) and Winter (open day after last day of deer season to April 1) Trails:
1. In Clinton County - Whiskey Springs ATV Trail. Accessible from Two Miles Road, 1 1/2 miles W of Westport toward Kettle Creek State Park.
2. Bloody Skillet - in Centre County, accessible from SR 144, 18 1/2 miles N of Snow Shoe. Right onto DeHaas Road for 5 miles, S to Northern Terminus Trailhead
Tiadaghton State Forest
423 East Central Ave
S. Williamsport PA 17702
In Tioga, Sullivan, Potter, Clinton, Union and Lycoming County PA in the Susquehanna Valley
- Black Forest Trail - 42 miles of hiking
- Pine Creek Trail - 62 miles form Jersey Shore to Wellsboro Junction for biking, cross country skiing and walking
- Old Loggers Path - 27 mile hiking trail
- Loyalsock Trail - 59 mile hiking trail starting Rte 87 N of Mountoursville
- Algerine Swamp Natural Area - has a glacial bog. On Lycoming/Tioga county border
- Miller Run Natural Area - Has 3 protected streams
- Bark Cabin Natural Area - Mid State Trail goes through here
- Red Pine Natural Area
- Torbert Island Natural Area
- Algerine Wild Area - by the Algerine Swamp Natural Area. Black Forest Trail goes through
- Wolf Run Wild Area - has the Golden Eagle Trail
- State parks near the forest - Little Pine State Park, Ravensburg State Park and Susquehanna State Park
- ATV trails - Summer (from Memorial day to end of September) and Winter (from day after last day of deer season to April 1) Trails - In Lycoming County - Button Road, accessible from parking lot at the CCC Camp on Rte 44, 1 mile of Haneyville
- snowmobile trails - In Western Lycoming County - Coudy Pike Trail and Little Pine State Park Trail
- Hotels near Tiadaghton
Tuscarora State Forest
4455 Big Spring Road
Blain PA 17006
In Cumberland, Franklin, Huntingdon, Juniata, Perry County PA and Mifflin County PA in the Susquehanna Valley.
- boating on the Juniata River. Shawmut Boat Access on Rte 103 near Newton Hamilton
- trout fishing: Sherman's Creek, Fowler Hollow Run, East Licking Creek
- hiking - Tuscarora Trail, 23 miles
- backpack camping - has an open face shelter in Fowlers Hollow
- Tunnel Trail - 1 mile, see two narrow gauge railroads ruins
- Iron Horse Trail - 10 miles hiking trail on Rte 274
- cross county skiing - Fowlers Hollow
- picnic - Karl B Guss State Forest Picnic Area - NW Juniata County on East Licking Creek Drive, playfield, fishing
- Hemlocks Natural Area - Hemlock Road near Big Spring State Park. 3 miles of trails, picnic table. No camping.
- Hoverter and Sholl Box Huckleberry Natural Area - in Perry County near New Bloomfield. Has an interpretive trail.
- Frank E. Masland, Jr. Natural Area - by North Branch Laurel Run. Has primitive trails. Protected area for amphibians and reptiles
- Tuscarora Wild Area - East end of Tuscarora Mountain. Backpack camping allowed
- State Parks near the Forest - Colonel Denning State Park, Big Spring State Park and Little Buffalo State Park
- snowmobile trails - in Huntingdon County - Tuscarora North Division and Tuscarora South Division
Enjoy your visit to Susquehanna Valley area forests.
Susquehanna Valley > main / Home
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com
Disclaimer: Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com has attempted to assure this website is as accurate as possible but no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete or up-to-date. Materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. Pennsylvania Vacations Guide.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss or injury to anyone which may result from reliance on information contained on this site. Please verify travel, health and safety, and transportation information with the appropriate parties.